We’re organising a charity event called the Walk of Hope on 28th September in Warwickshire, and would be delighted if you would include the poster and / or event information (at the bottom of this email) in one of your publications or on your website/social media.
The reason Brain Tumour Research needs your support is because brain tumours are indiscriminate; they can affect anyone at any age. What’s more they kill more adults and children under the age of 40 than any other cancer… yet historically just 1% of the national spend on cancer research has been allocated to this devastating disease.
We are building a network of experts in sustainable research at dedicated Centres of Excellence whilst influencing the Government and larger cancer charities to invest more nationally and we are the only national charity in the UK that is dedicated to raising funds for continuous and sustainable scientific research into brain tumours.
Here are a few stories from Brain Tumour Research patients and supporters who live in Warwickshire:
• Ben Lindon, who was training to become a firefighter in Warwickshire before his diagnosis: https://www.braintumourresearch.org/stories/in-hope/in-hope-stories/ben-lindon
• Richard Wheatley, who lives in Warwickshire and is fighting a brain tumour: https://www.braintumourresearch.org/stories/in-hope/in-hope-stories/richard-wheatley
• Alexander Paul, who was studying at Warwick University, when he sadly died from his brain tumour: https://www.braintumourresearch.org/stories/in-our-hearts/in-our-hearts-stories/alexander-paul
Key event information:
Our website link: https://www.braintumourresearch.org/fundraise/take-on-a-challenge/event/2019/09/28/take-on-the-challenge/hatton-locks-walk-of-hope-warwick
Our Facebook event link: https://www.facebook.com/events/476525946476520/
• 10am start
• Saturday 28th September
• Starting and ending at Hatton Locks
• £10 per adult or £30 per family of 4
• 9-mile route
• Each walker receives a Fighting Force medal and a Brain Tumour Research t-shirt
• Family friendly
Community Fundraising Manager – Midlands & Wales
Brain Tumour Research
Suite 3, Shenley Pavilions, Chalkdell Drive, Shenley Wood, Milton Keynes, Bucks MK5 6LB
Registered charity number 1153487 (England and Wales) SC046840 (Scotland). Company limited by guarantee number 08570737
Brain tumours are indiscriminate; they can affect anyone at any age. What’s more, they kill more children and adults under the age of 40 than any other cancer… yet historically just 1% of the national spend on cancer research has been allocated to this devastating disease.
Brain Tumour Research is determined to change this.