The village hall and surrounding land is owned in perpetuity by a Trust set up in 1923 through a ‘Deed of Gift’ from Captain Croxall, a former Shustoke resident. The trustees are the Shustoke Parish Councillors.
In December 2012, a private company was set up (Shustoke Village Hall Company Ltd.) to operate a new village shop, and to manage the village hall – a role previously undertaken by a village hall committee.
The director of the Company has given notice that the village shop will close on 15th August, and the company will terminate all operations on 15th October 2018.
The Trustees are working with the Company to ensure that use of the village hall can continue, uninterrupted, and new arrangements will be put in place to manage the hall and its activities. Hall bookings for dates after 15th October should be made with the Parish Clerk pending the introduction of a more permanent arrangement.
The Trustees are currently evaluating various opportunities for continuing a village shop and tea room but an interruption in service is inevitable whilst a new tenant is identified, and a contract agreed and let.
Enquiries from businesses or individuals interested in developing a new village shop / tea room would be very welcome, and contact should be made with the Parish Clerk for further details. (Please use the ‘Contact’ facility on this website.)
The Trustees will provide regular hall and shop updates on this website.